Total Pageviews

Monday, December 8, 2014

Do what we can about hunger at whatever level we are we currently at in life.

The following is correspondence between a friend of mine in Africa and myself. It answers the question of "What can I do to end hunger, I am just one tiny person in the Universe"? -------------------- Hi Kathy, I hope you're good.I have keen interest to stay in touch and learn from you ideas that can change Africa.I come from a land locked country with full of hunger and poverty plus malnutrition among children. I am a change agent who mostly volunteer in rural communities since I do not have a job country hence I need to sharpen my skills in building my career at the same time touching people's lives with relevant interventions. It is of my great understanding that you work at policy level,however,prior to your level I am sure you have done some ground work that can be helpful in my country context particularly in rural setting for the rural poor. With thanks!! Dear ...... I like you started at ground zero with my hunger activism. I was without a job and instead of sitting around doing nothing I reached out and did whatever I could do for those that had less than I, much as you are doing now by volunteering in rural communities. There is much that needs to be change in America with regard to our food supply and getting food to those in need, many many people in America are hungry and this should not be. The answer to solving hunger in Africa and America has to be solved using completely different methods but with the same goal, to end hunger all hunger over the entire planet. Each country must look around with their own eyes in their own country, identify the reasons for hunger and identify what solutions will bring the most food to the most people with the least amount of monetary input. Tenacity gets the job done, always always looking for solutions, never listening to those who say it cannot be done, and avoiding those who simply have no compassion for the pain of their fellow human beings. As you help others you will find help comes your own way in regard to your job situation. That is the way of the universe, the energy you put out will return to you in exact proportion and kind.Like attracts like. Yours is a wonderful spirit it is the spirit of love and compassion. I have been working for years on the political level and just keep putting out the same message and that is, hunger is unconscionable and it is time for it simply not exist anymore. I will insert a link to my political blog here as you might find it interesting. Blessings Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment